Tuesday 10 December 2013

Huge Primark Haul



A few weeks ago I made the decision that, as of January 2014, I will try to live on a weekly budget for a few months without making any unnecessary buys. So I pencilled in a big shopping trip to make sure I have everything I might 'need' to prevent me from being lured into the January sales. Or any shop that sells beauty products/clothes/shoes in fact.
 
My local Primark is the second biggest in the country (I think) so I knew I would be spending a small fortune in there. I was after lots of items that I could pair easily with other items.
The first thing I knew I needed was tights, and I knew that Primark have a great selection of tights to choose from. I picked up the famous Super Cosy tights, some grey woollen tights and a pair of navy tights too. I thought all of these would be pefect teamed with shorts, skirts or dresses to keep me warm on those cold nights-perfect for the party season!
 
I got four tops from Primark. I absoloutely love the two shirts, I think they are so classy and simple and I'll be able to wear them with so many things. I wanted a new white shirt for ages, and I think the teal is a beautiful colour for this time of year and it complements my hair and skin tone too. I bought the pink jumper to wear over shirts, and I love the bright colour. At this time of year its so easy to stick to very similar, dark colours so this jumper will add a bright splash of colour to my winter wardrobe. I had to have the Peter-Pan collar top as soon as I saw it! Firstly, I love this colour at this time of year, even though I have way too many items in this shade. I also love the detailing on the collar bone of the top, I think that makes it a little different.
 
I know that shorts are a bit of an odd item of clothing to purchase at this time of year, but as soon as I saw these two I knew that had to be mine. The half price tag also helped me make my decision! I think they are such excellent quality material, and the prints are very unique yet totally wearable. These shorts are also perfect trans-seasonal pieces too, so I'll be able to get lots of wear out of them!
 
I'm sure many other beauty and fashion bloggers watched Zoella's Primark Haul a few weeks ago so you might have noticed I have picked up the same pyjama bottoms that she did. I love the fleecy material for the cold nights at this time of year and, in my bid to be festive this year, I couldn't resist the cute robin pattern. I have also been desperate for a tartan scarf, and although this isn't exactly what I was looking for, I like that its different from what many others have. The colours are very toned down compared to a traditional Tartan pattern, so are probably more wearable. Although I am still keeping everything crossed that I get a tartan scarf for Christmas.
 
My final Primark purchases were two new pairs of shoes, because what girl doesn't need new shoes?! I thought the burgundy flats would go perfect with some of the items I already have as, like I previously mentioned, I go crazy for this shade at this time of year so a lot of my clothes either are this shade, are similar or go perfectly with it. The heels were a bit of a necessity purchases as I desperately needed a new pair of black heels to wear to the upcoming Christmas parties, and I like that these are a bit different.
 
So that's it! My last Primark trip for the foreseeable future. I am actually really happy with my wardrobe now, I feel like it is complete and can see me through the next few months.
 
Has anyone else visited primark recently? Or is anyone else planning on sorting out their finances in the new year? I would love to know!

2 comments:

  1. All of those tops look gorgeous! Especially that green one, I have a soft spot for the colour green haha :) x

    Rachelsbeautybites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well its not my normal colour, but I think it looks so beautiful, especially for this time of year! x

      Delete