Sunday 19 January 2014

High End Beauty Wishlist 2014

So when I started blogging a few months ago, I wasn't fussed about high end products, in my eyes I could find something equally as good on the high street. However since this, I have realised that, yes there are pretty good dupes in the drug stores, but there are some products that I just have to try the real thing. So I thought would share with you some of the high end beauty products that I am desperate to try...



 
Urban Decay Naked Palettes
With the recent release of Naked 3 from Urban Decay, there have been hoards of reviews in the blogosphere and every time I read one, I feel like I'm missing out on something great by not having even tried any of the Naked palettes. I don't think Naked 3 is for me as it is a palette of rose-hued neutrals, however the first two are absolutely up my street! I'm not sure whether to just try the Naked Basics palette first or to just take the plunge and go for one of the larger ones. What do you think?
 
Nars Laguna Bronzing Powder
This bronzer made it to most of the 'Top Products of 2013' posts that I read during the New Year, and I have had it in my sights for some time now. The bronzer I currently use is one from Bourjois which I really like, but I have seen and read so many reviews about this product that I think the time has come for me to see if its really what everyone raves about.
 
Mac Vanilla Pigment
I have wanted this for such a long time now, I was going to buy it before Christmas but I persuaded myself to wait. I have tried to find similar products but nothing seems to come close. If anyone knows of any good dupes, please let me know. I think this would look beautiful as a highlighter to the cheek and brow bones or in the inner corners of the eyes.
 
Benefit Coralista Blush
I actually already have this blush, I received a sample of it a while ago and I have fallen in love! Its the perfect blush for me, and applies like a dream. Its a gorgeous coral shade, and gives your cheelks that subtle pink colour without being too extreme. So when my sample runs out, I might make this my first high end purchase!
 
Illamasqua Cream Pigment
I have seen this product on a lot of 'Get Ready With Me' videos, particularly on LLYMLRS's channel, and it seems like such a versatile product that I think I would be able to justify the price. I've seen it used a cream blush and as a lip product. I love cream blushers so would definitely use it for that and, as long as its not too drying, use it on my lips too.
 
Mac Lipstick
Would a highend wishlist be complete without this?! I have put off investing (yes, I do believe it will be an investment) in a Mac lipstick for sometime and although I am ready to make the purchase, I am a bit overwhelmed by the shade choices, there are so many! My local Debenhams stocks Mac makeup so I might just have a venture in there and swatch a few of the shades. I really like the lok of Crème Cup and Hue, I would want a shade that is versatile.
 
Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation
Another product I have seen pop up in many 'Get Ready With Me' videos, and I just need to know for myself if this really does create the perfect, flawless base. I did want to try Nars Sheer Glow but as my skin is already quite oily, I think it would be better trying this or the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser. Again, this is a product I will go in store to swatch.
 
There are a few other products I want to try but these are the ones that have been sat in my wishlist for months now. I think everyone deserve treats every now and then, I work hard and I'm striving to make this year a happier one, and buying beautiful things makes me happy.
 
Does anyone have any reviews on these products? Leave links and I will check them out.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! I was the same, when I first set up my blog I felt that whatever you could buy high end, you could buy in boots for lots cheaper but after experimenting I discovered high end was higher priced for a reason. This is basically my wishlist! Lovely blog xx

    www.homemade-photography.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thankyou :) I think it would be very hard for me to still think like that, I need to try these items ha!
      Thanks hun xx

      Delete