Wednesday 28 May 2014

May Favourites


May has absolutely flown by for me! Is it just me who thinks time goes so fast when you're living on a monthly pay check?! Anyway, I haven't got many new favourites this month as I've been testing out some new products so haven't had a chance to commit to too many products. However I have a couple that I just keep reaching for...

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation
This was my go-to foundation last summer as it sits so well on the skin when the weather is warmer and doesn't feel too heavy. I have been using this on nights out when I need my makeup to stay in place all night as it doesn't melt off. It is light coverage but my skin is in quite good condition at the minute so I can get away with using a lighter foundation.

The Body Shop Moroccan Rose Body Butter
This was in my first ever monthly favourites last year and I have been rediscovering it this month. The scent, for me, screams summer and its one of the lighter body butters that I have so absorbs really well into the skin. The only thing is I have nearly finished this tub so I'm hoping The Body Shop are still stocking this range!

Soap and Glory Mist You Body Mist
This is a fairly new purchase. As you may or may not know, I love the classic Soap & Glory scent and so when I discovered I could carry a bottle of it around with me all day for a sneaky fix of the good stuff, well, I pretty much jumped for joy. Ok I didn't, but you get my gist. The scent is quite strong initially however quickly tones down and, as it is a mist, is very light on the skin.

Collection Sheer Loose Powder
Another new product to my collection! I find Collection is a real hit and miss for me. I love their concealer (obvs) however I can't get to grips with their mascaras which have had rave reviews! I thought I would give their loose powder a go as I was after one and this was an absolute bargain so, if it didn't work for me then no worries, but I adore it and have been using it every single day. I lightly dust the powder over my t-zone, and also use it to set my concealer. It leaves a lovely airbrushed finished to the skin and is brilliant at keeping concealer in place.

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream
Ok so I have clearly been loving my base makeup this month! This is a fairly new release from Bourjois and as soon a it hit shelves I went out and got it. With colour-correcting properties and a very thin consistency, I have been loving using this for daytime wear as it hardly feels like you've got makeup on, yet makes the skin look flawless. I know CC creams have come under criticism recently and many have refused to jump on the bandwagon but I would seriously recommend giving this a go, it feels so much like a foundation but without the heaviness. Such a technical review there.

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 16
This lipsticks has always been one of my favourites as I think it is the perfect pink shade but this month I have been loving it lots and lots. Its perfect for both day and night wear, glides onto the lips like a dream due to its lovely creamy consistency and its staying power is fairly good aswell. I have been teaming this with a gloss at times too to add some extra shine.

Have you been loving any of these products? Please leave any monthly favourites links below, they're my favourite to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment