Tuesday 24 December 2013

3 New Winter Eyeshadows

 
In the last few months I have developed a bit of an obsession for eye shadows. Whether they're individuals, in a trio or quad, or even a full palette-I have just become obsessive about expanding my collection! So on a recent 3 for 2 offer in Boots I decided to add further to my collection and invested in these three eye shadows, all of which seem to have a lovely Winter feel to them.
 
I think Bourjois eye shadows are so cute in their packaging, however I have never actually tried one until now. This shade is a perfect party shade. Its a glittery purple that can either be used alone for a more subtle look, or to build up colour or for a smoky eye look. The eye shadow itself is very well pigmented and very little is needed to create the desired effect. With a little help from eye shadow primer, this stays put for quite a while, however the initial glittery effect does fade.
 
Rimmel is my number one drug store brand, and their eye shadows are just amazing! I have a few of their eye shadow quads (you can see my Rimmel collection here) however I find their single shadows are a bit different and seem to be more pigmented and more blendable. I got the shades Azure and Smokey Quartz. Azure is a very pale blue which is lovely to use as a highlighter shade for the brow bone or the inner corners of the eyes. Smokey Quartz is such a wearable shade, its lovely on its own or teamed with other bronze-hued neutrals. I think both these shades are perfect Winter colours, Azure has a slight icey feel to it, yet Smokey Quartz is very warm.
 
I really like my new eye shadows and I have been wearing them a lot! I'm loving the party season and planning all of my different looks!
 
Has anyone else tried these shadows? I would love to know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment