Monday 30 December 2013

December Favourites

December has been a month full of parties, and therefore, lots and lots of make up and beauty products have been used. In fact, I found it difficult to narrow down to just these products. Anyway, lets get started.
 

Simple Eye Make Up Remover
With all these different party looks, I've found some eye make up removers just haven't been good enough, they either sting like mad, or require a lot of wrist action (!) and I just cannot be doing with that. I love Simple products, and this product has joined many of their others in my favourite skin care list. Its very soothing and only takes a couple of swipes to remove all the eye make up, fantastic!
 
Katy Perry Killer Queen Eau De Toilette
I am probably the worst person in the world at descriing scents so instead I am just going to explain why I like this perfume so much. Firstly, although the packaging is a tad on the tacky side, I love it! Its very similar to the Loverdose by Diesel bottle in the shape. This perfume is my favourite type of perfume, in that it is perfect for wearing in the day or evening as it has a sophisticated yet light feel to it. I have been wearing it practically non stop since I bought it after receiving a sample in a glossybox. I'm a fan of celeb perfumes anyway, but this doesn't feel quite so 'cheap' as some of the others out there. 
 
No 7 Smokey Eye Liner Brush
I got this brush in a No 7 gift set a while ago. I instantly liked this brush but, because of the current party season, I have been using it all the time to perfect the smokey eye look! Its great at creating a smudged smoky eye liner, or for using a shadow to line the eye. The No 7 brushes are great, I would recommend them anyway, but this brush is like none I have used before and I would definitely recommend if you like heavier or smokier eye make up!
OPI Nail Envy
My nails have been absolutely awful for the last few months and everytime I took to twitter to seek advice, I was constantly having Nail Envy suggested to me. And I can completely see why. The idea is that you apply this every day so it strengthens your nails to prevent them from breaking/chipping/splitting. I didn't think it would be quite as good as it actually is. I have a few friends who have the same problems as me so I will definitely be recommending this to them! In the space of 2 weeks using this, my nails are unrecognisable from their previous state. I've loved having stronger nails again.

Seventeen Mirror Shine Lipstick in Beehive
I posted a make up haul (see here) where I picked up this little beauty, and I absolutely love it. It is the perfect nude and has a lovely glossy finish to it. Its great to wear either in the day with simple make up, or with heavy eye makeup on an evening. The only downside is the naff packaging (it has a compact mirror inside) however I can very quickly forget that issue when using this lipstick. I would say it is a good dupe for Mac Hue in case anyone is interested.
 
Maxfactor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in Soft Murano
I don't own many Maxfactor products, I just tend to skip past their stand. However I found this little gem hidden away in my blush collection and I've discovered a new found love for it. Its the perfect berry shade to give your cheeks that innocent flush of having been outside. The blush is very pigmented so hardly any is needed, and the consistency is easy to blend and work with. I have just been using my fingers, as I find a brush picks up to much of the product and then I end up with extremely rosy cheeks!
 
Collection Cream Puff Lip Cream in Fairy Cake
Out of all my favourites, this has been my number 1! I picked this up as it reminded me of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream and I wanted to see how they compare and, I have to say, I think this is a lovely product. It is described as a velvety soft matte finish lip cream which is exactly what it is, without being overly drying. The colour is subtle yet beautiful and works well with lots of other shades. If you are looking to try a matte lip product, I would definitely recommend these!
 
Emite Make Up Micronized Eye Shadow
I received this a couple of months ago in a glossy box and have recently been using it. Its a lovely pale, gold shimmery shade and is beautiful to use as a highlighter. I've also been loving using it all over the lid and teamed with a black eye liner flick, it has a classy finish to it. The eye shadow is very well pigmented and is very blendable, so all in all a lovely little eye shadow!
 
 What have you been loving this party season?

No comments:

Post a Comment