Sunday 8 June 2014

Seventeen Shimmer Brick in Pink Bronze



Ah I have so much love for Seventeen at the moment, every product I try impresses me. I love a brand that is consistent with all the quality of their products, especially when the price is so reasonable. I have always liked Seventeen's bronzing range, even before their rebranding last year. This Shimmer Brick is a new addition to the range and I picked it up as soon as I saw it on the shelves in my local Boots. The 'brick' has 4 shades ranging from a light pink highlight shade to a bronze shade. The idea is to sweep the product over the cheekbones to create a bronze glow-perfect for the summer hey!

I have been using my buffing brush, my powder brush and my blush brush with this product as I cant decide which brush I prefer to use with the product. The first thing I will say about this product is it is very 'glowy' and pigmented, and can quickly turn into an uber shine fest on your face, not sure that's the look I want to go for?! However after a bit of practice I've found a couple of techniques that help my make the most of the product and create different glowy looks. With the buffing brush, I have been using the lighter shades just to lightly highlight the cheekbones, keeping things quite subtle so that it is a wearable daytime look. I have used my powder and blush brush to create a more bronzed, less defined look over the cheeks, by using the whole brick and just very lightly dusting the product over the cheek bones and up towards the hair line. I wouldn't advise to use this product as a bronzer due to it being very shimmery and could give you the whole 'disco ball' look that I don't think anyone wants.

Overall though a great product and unlike any I have seen from other brands. I would advise to go very gently at first and decide what level of bronze/shimmer/glow you are going for but once you get it right I'm sure you will love it. A perfect summer product!

Has anyone else tried this product? I would love to know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment