Monday 10 March 2014

Empties #3

I haven't done an empties post for ages it seems! However I still don't seem to have that many empty products, which is great of course! However I have a small collection I thought I woud show you.


The Body Shop Camomile Eye and Lip Make Up Remover
I loved this product, it did such a good job at removing heavy eye make up! I have done a full review that you can see here. The only issue I had with it is that it can leave an oily film on the skin after use which isn't ideal as I have oily skin as it is. I haven't repurchased this yet but I think I probably will in the nearby future unless I can find something better.

Collection 2000 Fix Me Up Fixing Spray
I got this spray quite a while ago and whilst I loved it to begin with, I quickly forgot about it and felt I didn't need it once the summer was over. However I have recently rediscovered it and have been using it to set makeup that I know will need to stay in place for a while (on a night out for example) and it has been doing a good job. I won't be repurchasing this though as I have a couple of other similar products that I can use.

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Tropical
Not much to explain about the concept of this product, does pretty much what it says on the tin. I have been using dry shampoo quite a lot recently as I have been trying to leave an extra day in between hair washes, and while it doesn't work miracles I love the tropical, coconut scent of this shampoo.
 
Rimmel Eye Shadow Primer
I featured this in my first monthly favourites post and I still love it. Its great for keeping eye shadow in place and makes application much easier and smoother. I haven't been using it as much during the colder months but when the weather gets warmer this little gem is a saviour so I will definitely be repurchasing.
 
L'Oreal Cleansing Oil
I still can't quite make my mind up about this product. While I think its great at removing makeup, it leaves my skin with an oily film that I just cant get used to, and I find that when I use my cleanser all that is doing is just removing the remainder of the oil from the skin. I don't think I will repurchase this because the weather will start getting warmer soon (I hope!) and my skin is already very oily so I don't think this would be a good idea.
 
Argon Oil Shampoo
I got this in a pound store and I thought it was a great buy at the time as I had just started using oil in my hair, however I found this shampoo dried my hair out and it never felt like my hair was getting a thorough clean. If I didn't use a good conditioner then I would definitely know about it, so therefore I am not going to be repurchasing this.
 
Superdrug Orange and Satsuma Shower Gel
I loved the scent of this shower gel, it was perfect to use at the gym as it was so fresh to use and I felt so clean after using this. This is definitely a product I would purchase again as I love citrus scents for shower gels.
 
Has anyone else tried and tested any of these products? Or no of any better versions? I would love to know!

4 comments:

  1. dry shampoo is my absolute saviour i love it! lovely blog! i'd love it if youd check mine out and comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/symmetric-geometric-ootd.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its great isn't it! Ah thanks, will do hun :) xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the cleansing oil but I'm scared my skin is a little too oily :(

    xxxxxxxxx

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My skin is oily too and although this cleanser is great I just wouldn't risk it with the warmer weather coming up x

      Delete