Monday 31 March 2014

March Favourites

 

So last month I didn't do a monthly favourites purely because there weren't many new products I had been really loving, it was just the same things I have always used. However this month I have been loving some great new products, possibly because the weather has warmed up slightly so my makeup routine has changed a bit. But I made it my mission to break out of the rut of using the same products day in day out.

Lush Feeling Younger Skin Tint
I have recently posted a review of this product which you can see here. I have been loving using this highlighting skin tint as a primer all over the face to create an overall glow or as a highlighter on top of foundation to highlight certain areas of the face. I've been loving it because it creates a perfect dewy glow which I love at this time of year, it is also super pigmented so only a very little of the product is needed.

Scandaleyes Eye Liner in Taupe
In the last few months I have really started experimenting with eye liner, and recently I have been trying different colours out because sometimes black can be a bit harsh for the daytime. I have been using this taupe eye liner mostly on my water line as it creates excellent definition without being too over the top or striking. This eye liner is also really easy to use compared to other pencil liners I have tried.

Toni and Guy Classic Shine Gloss Serum
I received this a few months ago in a GlossyBox however I only started using it recently. After my hair has dried after washing, no matter whether I use a hair dryer or let it dry naturally, it will always become frizzy, ALWAYS. So in a bid of desperation, I thought I would give this a go. I apply a 50p size amount to the midlengths and ends of my hair and the frizz disappears almost instantly. Not only that, but my hair feels so much softer the following day and although the frizz may return slightly, its nothing compared to what it could have been. Now the weather is getting warmer this will no doubt be my best friend!

Barbara Daly Kabuki Brush
I may have mentioned before, but I have been really getting into contouring at the moment and been trying to create a perfect sculpted look. Although I love my Real Techniques Contour Brush and it is very good for creating defined contouring, recently I've rediscovered my love for my Kabuki brush when using bronzer. I use the brush to apply bronzer to the hollows of my cheeks and my temples, and it creates a much more natural sculpted look without looking too harsh.

Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me
I love the Maybelline Baby Lips range and I have all of the lip balms however this month I have found myself reaching for Cherry Me over and over again. First of all it tastes incredible, but also it has a beautiful soft red tint which is perfect for both during the day and in the evening for a more subtle lip. These balms are amazing at keeping the lips moisturised and stop them from drying out too, a real winner.

Sleek Blush in Life's A Peach
For me, Spring is all about looking and feeling fresh, and on a recent trip to Boots I was after a new blush to help me create that perfect fresh faced Spring look. The Sleek blushes are incredible anyway because they are super pigmented and apply like a dream, so when I saw this peach shade I knew this would be my perfect Spring time blush. And I was right. I learnt straight away to be careful on application as too much of the product can create a bright orange effect, not the look I am going for! However teamed with a good bronzed contour and this blush is just perfect! I have done a review that you can check out here if you wish.

So there we have it. Quite an in depth monthly favourites but I personally love these posts as it shows the reader exactly what the blogger has actually been loving using. I am also going to start doing a monthly non-beauty favourites so keep an eye out for that!

Has anyone else been loving any of these products? Or any similar? I would love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment