Wednesday 26 March 2014

Sleek Face Contour Kit

 

I know for some the very thought of contouring frightens the life out of them, however over the last few months I have really enjoyed experimenting with different contour products, trying to create the perfect sculpted look. I have to admit, I haven't had any issues using bronzer to sculpt my face, as long as its not a shimmery bronzer as a matte product is much better to contour with, however I have been eager to get my hands on this contour kit from Sleek because I have heard many good reviews.

The contour kit contains a contour powder and a highlight powder. I have been using my Real Techniques contour brush to apply the contour powder to the hollow of my cheek bones, my temples and the sides of my nose. I find when used properly this does create a lovely sculpted look and lasts quite a long time which is another bonus. Sleek products are well known for their pigmentation and this powder is no different, very little of the contour powder is needed as it can quickly look very dark and heavy on the skin and borders on the ridiculous side a bit. So just be very careful not to load too much product onto the brush!

The highlighter powder is beautiful and applies like a dream. I have been using my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply this to my cheek bones, brow bone, the bridge of my nose and my cupids bow. It creates a lovely glow to the skin without being too shiny or shimmery.

Together these too powders work brilliantly however one must be careful not to overdo it with the contouring powder! But overall this kit is brilliant, especially for those just starting to experiment with contouring.

Has anyone else tried this product, or anything similar?

No comments:

Post a Comment