Monday 14 April 2014

Top 5 Pink Lips



For me, pink lips are perfect for the Spring time. They are fresh, pretty and so easy to wear. I've put together my top 5 pink lips that I have in my collection, bit of a range of tones of pinks but I love them all, and they are all great for different occasions.

Rimmel Kate Moss 16
I love the Kate Moss Rimmel lipsticks, they all have a lovely consistency to them and apply like a dream! The only thing that annoys me is they don't name the shades, they are all numbered (I know, I know, I am petty!). The shade 16 is a classic rosy pink, perfect for both daytime or nighttime. It has a matte/satin finish to it which I really like, and stays put for quite a considerable amount of time which is always a plus.

Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch
I love the Baby Lips, they are just wonder products! Not only are they extremely moisturising, they have lovely scents and come in 3 great shades, Pink Punch being one of them. Pink Punch is very much a candy pink which doesn't work for everyone but I love it as it adds a good pop of colour to my look. I like wearing this with very simple makeup during the day as I find as its so bright, it can look a little overbearing teamed with heavy makeup. Th only problem is the colour doesn't last too long, but for a cheap, decent lip balm you cant really expect overly high pigmentation.

Collection Cream Puff in Fairy Cake
This is the newest to my collection. It applies in the ame style as a lipgloss with a doe foot applicator, however the finish very matte. This pink is a warm dusky pink, with a creamy consistency (which makes application very easy) yet a matte finish. This is great however lips must be well moisturised as matte lip products can be very drying. The hing I love about this pink lip product is it lasts ages on the lips. I can go out all night and the colour won't budge, its great.

Maybelline Superstay in Ultimate Blush
This is another lipstick with excellent stay power, hence the name I suppose. This is a classic rose pink, with abeautiful satin finish. This lipstick is quite drying so, again, lips must be well prepared! I wouldn't say the consistency is as creamy as the Kate Moss but its still quite easy to apply, and doesn't cling to any dry areas.

Rimmel Apocalips in Out Of This World
Probably my favourite pink lip, I absolutely love this! I love the Rimmel Apocalips anyway, but this shade is so beautiful and looks amazing on the lips. Its a very bright pink shade but not quite fuchsia pink, almost a purple toned pink. It looks beautiful on the lips and goes amazing with any makeup as although its bright, it isn't too overpowering. The finish is very glossy, typical of the Apocalips lip lacquers, and application is done using a doe foot applicator. The only thing I will say about the Apocalips range is that, due to their extremely creamy/liquid consistency, they do have a tendency to take a while to dry, so care must be taken after application!
 
Are any of these in your makeup stash? I would love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment