Wednesday 23 October 2013

My Rimmel Collection-Part 1

    
Rimmel is my number 1 drugstore brand for cosmetics. I love pretty much everything they do, and their range of shades is fantastic too! As I do have quite a large Rimmel collection, I've split this into 2 parts (long posts can be a bit of a drag!) So in this post I'm going to show you my base, face and eye products, and the second part will be lips and nails.

Rimmel Fix & Protect Pro Primer
I find primer is absolutely necessary for me as I have oily skin so I need as much help as possible to keep my make up in place. This primer claims to smooth, resurface, brighten, mattify and protect the skin. Its definitely one of my favoured primers as I find it absorbs really quickly which is good if you're in a bit of a rush. Its also very thin so doesn't feel like you've already applied one layer of make up like some do.

Rimmel BB Cream
I use this pretty much everyday as a base, I only use foundation if I'm on a night out or going to some event. I use my hands to apply this to my face as I find it works a lot better this way rather than using a brush. So this BB cream boasts to prime, moisturise, minimise pores, conceal, cover, smooth, mattify, brighten and protect your skin. It is a lovely product to use for very light coverage and because I know its doing something good for my skin then I like it even more!

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer
This is a massive Beauty Blogger fave, and I can completely see why! I love using this under my eyes as it really has a bright, 'awake' finish and I think that's key for under eye concealer. It also seems to stay put well. I use either my Real Techniques buffing brush, my Real Techniques pointed liquid foundation brush or just my fingers to apply this.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
Another big Beauty Blogger fave! I really like this powder, its perfect for helping with my uber shiny skin, especially in the warmer months. I have the shade peach glow which is perfect for me. Another Rimmel winner.

Rimmel Clear Complexion Pressed Powder
Another powder, but this one is a translucent powder which I use to set my concealer or if I don't need full coverage with powder. I use this powder more in the winter when my skin is slightly drier.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Instant Radiance Shimmer Touch in Radiant Rose and Shimmering Sand
These are lovely little products which are perfect to add just a touch of colour to your skin. I use this more in the day as they are very subtle, however I'm pretty sure they could be built up for more of a striking look in the evening.

Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer
I featured this in my August favourites (click here) as I loved this primer throughout the summer. It definitely does what it says on the tin and helps my eye make up stay in place and still look just right after a heavy night on the tiles. I cannot rate this product enough, one of their star yet underrated products!

Rimmel Glam Eyes Quad Palette in 007 Heart of Gold
I'm really into bronze and gold shades for my eyes at the minute so this quad is absolutely perfect for me. I tend to use the lightest shade the most as this is quite a good base, but I also really like the bronze shade (the cross) and sometimes use that just for a slick of colour on the lid.

Rimmel Glam Eyes Quad palette in 014 Bold Behaviour
I only tend to use 2 shades from this palette-the purple and the gold. Now the seasons are changing I'm much more tempted to experiment with the other two shades as I think, the green especially, would add a bit of a twist to a smoky eye.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Stick in 005 Tempting Turquoise
This is probably my least used Rimmel product. I really love the colour and these crayons are so easy to use but I don't tend to wear blue eye make up. The times that I have used this stick is with a lighter blue shade, and I've used a little just above my lash line and then a little under my eye as it does brighten the eye some what.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Paint in 002 Slate Grey
I'm really into the smoky eye look at the minute, I think its a great classic look, especially in the colder months. This eye shadow paint is perfect for creating the smouldering look. I have done a full review which you can check out if you like. The only negative I found with this is that it dries quite quickly so you do need to work quick with it but the pay off is definitely worth it!


Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara
I got this mascara free when I spent over £10 in boots on Rimmel products. I haven't been absolutely blown away by this mascara, I don't like the size of the wand at all, its way too big for my tiny lashes! But its good to have has a back up or to take out with me on a night out as I wouldn't be bothered if I lost it.

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara
This is one of my most used mascaras. Its a very bold black and when applied, it doesn't have a lot of clumps. The only negative about this mascara is that I tend to get quite a lot of specs with it around the eye. a bonus of this mascara is that it claims to help your lashes grow-can't say I've noticed a difference but every little helps hey!

So that's it for now, stay tuned for part 2 and my Rimmel Lip and Nails collection.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog! I definitely want your makeup collection :) You have gained a follower xxx

    ReplyDelete