Tuesday 15 October 2013

Product Review-Rimmel Apocalips

 

I know that these have been around for a little while, but since their release in January I've built up a mini collection of them that can suit all different occasions. Apocalips are a Lip Lacquer which basically translates to a liquid lipstick in the form of a lip-gloss. They come with a doe foot applicator and glide onto the lips beautifully. These are extremely well pigmented and are pretty long lasting which is perfect as it means you're more likely to use less of the product.
I now have 4 different shades of Apocalips; Apocaliptic, Galaxy, Nude Eclipse and Out Of This World. Apocaliptic is the brightest of the shade. It is a gorgeous fuchsia pink, a very bold and bright shade that would be perfect on a night out teamed with minimalistic eyes. Galaxy is the deepest shade I own. It is a deep plum colour and looks lovely with a smoky eye to create a more vamp look. Nude Eclipse is probably my least favourite shade as you can't really tell you're wearing it. It is as the name suggests, a nude colour but it can almost look like you've smothered you're lips in foundation. I use this one the least, it can look quite nice with very dramatic eyes or a lot of contouring though. My newest shade to the collection is Out Of This World and I think it will soon become a favourite. Its a very wearable pink glossy colour. This shade could easily be worn during the day or on an evening, its very universal and would suit most skin tones.
This product is a lovely idea and does work really well with the right shade. My favourite thing about the product is the pigmentation because sometimes I struggle to get bold lips as I don't always build up the colour, so these are perfect for me.

Has anyone else tried these? Are there any shades you would recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment